Fat injections as dermal fillers
Some patients may want to consider fat injections, which use fat harvested from the patient's own body which can then be re-injected to enhance facial fullness, fill creases or build up shallow contours.
Fat injection requires a more extensive procedure than "off-the-shelf" soft tissue fillers.
A "donor area" must be determined (such as the abdomen or buttocks) and liposuction is used to extract the fat. The suctioned fat can then be transferred to the face, as a graft.
The grafted fat then has to redevelop a blood supply in order to survive. About 50% of the fat injected will survive, and the surviving fat will last forever.
In the face, most of the transferred fat usually survives, but the results can be a bit less predictable. Typically, multiple fat transfer procedures will be needed to achieve desired results.
The use of fat transfer involves additional discomfort in the donor area. This is a minor surgical procedure that can be performed in the surgeon's treatment room or in an operating room.
During your dermal fillers consultation be prepared to discuss:
• Your goals
• Medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments
• Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
• Any past treatment with soft tissue fillers, botulinum toxin therapy, laser or other non-surgical facial procedures, as well as any prior facial surgery
Your surgeon may also:
• Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
• Discuss your available options
• Examine and measure your face
• Take photographs
• Recommend a course of treatment
• Discuss likely outcomes of using soft tissue fillers and any risks or potential complications
Your plastic surgeon will carefully explain:
• Your course of treatment
• The type of filler recommended in your case and why
• Expected results
• The longevity of the result
It's important you understand all aspects of dermal fillers. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of pre-treatment stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.
Turmeda provides counseling and consultation to each patient. Just contact with us and send your medical reports to get your medical treatment plan from our high expert doctors.
We understand that arriving in a new country can be exciting! That's why a friendly Turmeda representative and a transfer car will assist you at the airport and during your vacation.
The Accommodation Service exists to help you in your search for a hotel or a rental home. We will arrange it for you from thousands of contracted hotels.
When traveling abroad, travelers can experience many issues due to the language barrier. Our friendly translator will be with you as long as you need it.
Turmeda arranges the most comfortable home care service for you. We arrange a home care person who will care all your needs during your stay.